Saturday, August 23, 2014

BUCKET LIST!!!

People always dream about things that they want to do in life and I’m no exception. Though it may seem premature, I have a few things on mind which I keep thinking about; of doing it in the near future. Here are the ones which are on priority.

- to turn into a Business Analyst
- to help my dad set up a Business
- to send my parents on a Euro Trip
- to marry the Girl of my dreams
- to build my own House
- to go Sky Diving


“Business Analyst”:

Call it destiny that I got into Mobis India Ltd.  Since my childhood, I was keen to work in Auto-mobile Industry and my interest in management and operations did help my cause. It was a fortune moment when i joined MIN after my masters. Adapting to the new environment wasn't difficult; what with the likes of my peers being so friendly. Healthy learning over a couple of years and with the guidance from all around, I was able to contribute to the company's cost saving for which I was recognized with the "Proud Mobisian Award", which I take pride in. Literally. Leveraging this start, I would like to put in my best efforts to get a deep understanding of dealer sales and operations so as to turn into a business analyst soon. I only hope I’ll earn it with time.          

Business for Dad:

               Kids more often than not term their dad as their role models and I have always seen my dad as one. I have witnessed him go through tough times in his career and eventually succeed with excellence. It is his passion and commitment that inspires me the most and I would as well like to grow up like him for my son to look up to me. Through all these years, I hardly remember him spending leisure time. His favorite past time would always be working on something or the other and not rest a while. He is about to get his retirement come July. So in all likelihood he would not want to be idle at home. And there is always my childhood interest of turning an entrepreneur; so why not try it out! I would want to help my dad establish a business - an apparel outlet probably, where we can design our own apparel range with suggestions from friends and colleagues who’d volunteer. So in a few months, I wish I could help my dad into this set up and there is always this pride of owning a business.

“Euro Trip”:

While in Sweden (doing my MS), I had the opportunity of witnessing the scenic beauties of Europe which has a multitude of countries, diverse mix of cultures & traditions and regional & ethnic communities. A trip to Frankfurt, Helsinki, Florence, Rome, and Venice made me savour its architectural excellence, years of preserved history, fashion and design that the place very much symbolizes.  The collage below would best suffice the fun I had.
And, I’m looking forward to gift this wonderful experience to my parents. A Euro trip so they could get themselves off on a holiday, sans all stress that one would go through at their age. Just to let them enjoy time together after all these years of constantly looking after me and my brother. I think it is an opportune moment for me to show them my love once more, and since I’m in a position to afford it, it would only be wise to gift them a week of their own life back to them. Plans are on for spring.

“Dream wedding”:

During the course of this, I would like to get married to the girl of my dreams. I think it is just the right time for me to get settled with a family of my own. Just like all guys do, I too dream of a girl. I believe I would get to meet her soon and when I do, I won’t hesitate to confess my love. It comes in handy being friends with a lot of couples, I have learnt a lot about relationships and that there are bound to be difference of opinions. But then, I firmly believe that I will be able to make it through since relationships aren’t just about what couples have in common but how they make it through, even with disparity.
So I just hope to meet my girl and get married. And with marriage comes a moral obligation of having kids and since I myself love kids, I would love to have a couple of them, a girl & a boy ideally. Raising children are always fun and it is the greatest feel a father and mother could get. I know how happy a mom & dad could get just cherishing the moment of watching their kids grow up & I wish I experience that soon. 

“Duplex”:

I have never felt the need for luxury all my life since I was fortunate enough to have been brought up without being given too much than what I actually needed. So it has never occurred to me to desire for things that I don’t need. But I think there are times when desires and needs change. I have been living with my parents since my birth and I had been comfortable all along but once I’m married, I feel the need of moving to a house of my own, of course with my parents to feel more responsible and also, to be able to give my kids the comfort level that I had while staying with my parents.

So I have started planning and probably in another couple of years, I’ll get started with my dream project of my “Duplex”. However, it is quite a challenge, with the current boom on realty taking land prices to staggering heights. But then, with every challenge comes an opportunity and I’m pretty confident of making it count. “Home. Sweet Home”

“Sky Diving”:

As children, we always had our insights about superheroes - Superman, Batman and so on. We wished we had those super human abilities - to fly, to fight and to be charismatic. We were so intrigued to those characters that at times we even tried  to imitate them resulting in a fracture or a bruise. But having grown to know those were just fictions, we can now only have a grin in our face thinking those unfulfilled dream; the very dreams which we could only fancy fantasizing. But still, fantasies do come alive.

One can’t oversee the classic from film maker Christopher Nolan - The Batman Series. It is a series with much logical sense which rationalizes the acts of a batman and doesn't defy the laws of physics even at a single frame. So I've been wondering if I would be able to make the flight of a batman. Not possible in real life unless there is something similar on its line - Sky Diving. At least I would be able to get a bird’s eye view and find myself afloat in the sky. Scary though!

The major obstacle of achieving anything is “not believing” in it. And they say,

“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it”

I’m dreaming it. And I believe in my dreams.

   - DC 

No comments:

Post a Comment